President David J. Fike joined Golden Gate University two years ago and has ushered in changes to keep what it offers to students fresh and responsive to rapidly changing times. He says: “Through economic booms and busts, GGU has remained impressively committed to providing a high-quality, pragmatic and professional education to working adults. That historic and ongoing commitment is our mission and our promise.”
During Dr. Fike’s tenure, new educational routes and degrees have come online that are specifically designed for career advancement for working adults:
- Revamped Executive MBA
- Master’s in Business Analytics
- Concentration in Financial Life Planning
- Undergraduate concentration in Business Analytics
- Path2CPA that gives GGU undergraduate students the ability to earn a Master of Science in Accounting in as little as one year.
Here are some facts gleaned from the report:
- For the second consecutive year, Washington Monthly ranks Golden Gate University America’s #1 School for Adult Learners in its annual College Guide and Rankings.
- EMBA faculty—more than 80% of them—are scholar-practitioners, active professionals in the real world of business.
- The incoming Board President, Randall W. Merk, is a GGU graduate (MBA ’85) who is retired Executive Vice President of The Charles Schwab Corporation and past President of Schwab Financial Products.
About our Students
- 89% are over 25.
- 44% of undergraduates are people of color and 62% of first-year law students identify as a minority.
- 48% of undergraduates are online students.
About our Graduates
- 68,000+ graduates and climbing
- GGU had the highest mean earnings of adult students 10 years after graduation among four-year colleges for adult learners.
Dr. Fike reports that the Framing Our Future initiative will introduce new degrees and programs, integrate degree and credentialing programs for greater student flexibility, expand its partnerships with the business community, and implement strategic priorities and capacity building for continued leadership in the future.