Joe Byers decided that he wanted to be an accountant a year before leaving the Navy in 2011. In this video, he explains that military veterans going back to school have more real-life responsibilities than younger students. Although getting an undergraduate degree after the military can be a challenge, he cites GGU’s evening and online courses as a plus, as well as staff who are dedicated specifically to veteran needs. “They take care of you…especially if you are an incoming student,” says Byers.
Now completing an undergraduate business degree at GGU with a concentration in accounting, Byers will continue on to our master’s degree in accounting program. His participation in the Path2CPA program will allow him to finish the degree as quickly as one year.
GGU is an official Military Friendly School®
- Flexible schedules to accommodate busy lives
- Qualifying veterans who attend GGU spend $0 total out-of-pocket cost.
- A variety of generous financial aid options
Military training may be applied to an undergraduate degree
- Convenient, fully online programs
- Personalized academic advising
- Disability counseling
- A passionate team dedicated to helping service members!