Founded in 1901, Golden Gate University offers a number of innovative financial planning degrees and a certificate that can be earned in the classroom or entirely online.
Ours was the first ever MS in Financial Planning, originally offered in 1980. We’re proud of our 36 year history of educating leaders in the financial planning profession. Our program is registered with CFP Board and completion of the core courses qualifies you to sit for the CFP® certification exam. Just as importantly, our exceptional faculty will become a permanent part of your professional network. Our faculty’s commitment to the profession is unparalleled: we count three past national FPA presidents, five past national board members, two Foundation for Financial Planning chairs, five Heart of Financial Planning recipients, and a P. Kemp Fain, Jr. Award honoree among our professors. You truly learn from the best of the best.
Beyond the core courses, you’ll also have access to cutting edge electives that represent the best of 21st century financial planning, including the following:
- Facilitating Financial Health: Tools for Financial Planners and Coaches by Professor Rick Kahler, MSFP, CFP®
- Evaluating Research: Understanding and Using Applied Research in Your Practice by Professor Dave Yeske, MA, DBA, CFP®
- Coaching Skills for Financial Advisors by Professor Saundra Davis, MSFP
- Behavioral Finance by Professor John Zott, MBA, DBA
- Business Development in Financial Services by Professor Saundra Davis, MSFP
Financial Planning Association (FPA) members also receive a 10% tuition grant on all classes. For more information, email email@example.com
Financial Planning Director Dr. David Yeske,CFP®